Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Whoooo Wants Ordinary?

Tis that time of year! And I'm not talking about the holidays. I'm talking about that time of the year when one of my closest friends is about to pop! Time has ticked away faster than I ever could have imagined. One day she's sending me a picture of a quarter telling me, that is the size of her baby. The next its a pineapple, (which I still think is a horrible visual!) and soon it will be the size of a pumpkin!

Naturally, a shower had to be thrown. Its no secret that I'm not a girly girl when it comes to this sort of thing. I just don't get all ooooo and ahhhhhhy when a little shirt is pulled out of a bag. Its just a shirt ladies. You've seen it a million times. I also get annoyed by having to go to the store with a little list in hand. Almost always, they never have the item, or its in a totally different isle than what is stated and takes forever to find! This time, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Use my creativity and uniqueness for a shower gift.

Another chum of mine, who is insanely talented, has her own business making....well, a collaboration of things. Monster balls mainly. I work with her on a daily basis and asked if she could make a owl ball to go along with the invites and poster I had already made. It turned out awesome!! I think together, these two little things will be a nice addition to their nursery! This was so much more fun to give, than the ordinary lotion and diapers! I'll leave those gifts up to the normal people.

Anyone whooooo wants to see more of Amys work visit: http://plaiderpillar.com/




2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! (Get it? HOOOO?)
    Thanks Cakes!

    ps Is that pineapple with or without leaves?

    ReplyDelete