Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Stressful Times Call For Great Foods


When I first got married, it wasn't a secret, I wasn't much of a cook. I had a few specialties, but it never tripped my fancy. It wasn't that I couldn't cook, or ever came close to burning the house down, I just never had a reason to get good at it. Until I married a man who,undoubtedly, needs at least 3 big meals a day! Now when I say 3, I mean 3 different categories of the food group. Example, if we have something with noodles in it at lunch, we can't have anything with noodles in it that night, or the next day! Tricky, right??! But, in his defense, it has pushed me to eat healthier, and become more creative with foods. Which is exactly what I needed.

Lately the stress level has been at an all time high, which I've read, will cause people to eat more. I haven't found the need to eat more, but I have wanted to cook more. I've been cooking like mad! I've really been experimenting with my own recipes. Below are a few things from this past week:

The "caddi" of all ham sandwiches. Deeeelish!!

Burritos that my hubby says "kick mcdonalds ass"... maybe not saying some, but we love mickey d burritos!

Little soup & salad night at the Burrows's. Homemade noodles my mom taught me, pretty much my favorite food, ever.

 Peanut butter cupcakes, not for the weak! 
 
And the best for last. My first attempt at making carmel apples, not so pretty, but the story to follow was priceless! No joke, while typing this blog, the hus came upstairs with one in hand. I apologized for their not so snazzy appeal, but that never stops him. He's eating, I'm talking, and typing,  then "oh noooo"  I look over and he's spitting out pieces. I was like "oh nooo" is it bad? No, he said, its so good I forgot it was an apple! He ate everything but the lower half. Stem and all!! How does that even happen?!!? I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time!!  Picture is now blog worthy!


Happy Tuesday!


2 comments:

  1. I do the exact same! Last night I made homemade waffles and granola. Already have a list going for tonights feasts to be created. Hope Tif has room in her freezer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want your recipes! It all looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete