Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oh How The Turn Tables.......


What a year. Its December, and I just realized my last post was in February. Not a single post in between, not even a flinch or flicker on thinking about posting something. This year has been, a test, to say the least. I've gone through a lot of heartache and growing up. I've decided I want to try and tackle this blog thing a little better, use it almost as a journal, and just get my thoughts out there. This one I'm afraid, might get a little lengthy considering its basically a year end wrap up.


Photography wise, this year was great. October was my shining month. I had a blast trying, pushing, and testing myself in every aspect. The end result was what I had hoped for out of this business. Satisfying. The people you meet along the way are true lifesavers. Sure every once in awhile you get that stubborn male, who, for whatever reason just won't break a smile to save his life. That bride who wants everything to be so perfect she's freaking everyone else out around her. Or maybe its just that young kid who screams at the site of a stranger with a camera in hand. These things are all real, but I think what I love. Its always different, and like myself, is exactly what I dig the most. Its truly something when you run into that one person at a wedding who it was an honor just to have met. I got that chance this year, but it wasn't just one, it was a whole group of people. A biker group none the less, the people, who when I'm behind the wheel of a car, I hate the most! They all had gotten back from Iraq the night before the wedding. Their stories were amazing. Those people, I will never forget, and always in the back of my mind, thank.


Then comes the heartache. One word can sum it up. Cancer. This deadly, deadly thing, I can only hope catches a case of its own medicine someday real soon. For the fourth time, my mother received the horrible news. The cancer had returned. Pure heartache. Once again. It has truly taken a toll on me this time. Thank god for my husband, friends, and the family I have that really do care. Without them, my life maybe no life at all.


I've decided to post a few pictures to wrap this thing up. There's something in each one that tells a story to me. How much we truly do need each other. How strong love is, new or old. How something so small, changes your entire world. To the people in these pictures, I thank you. You've all made feel, realize, or appreciate different parts in life:



That becoming a mom should be exciting, not scary. And even though you have a "pineapple" inside your belly, you're amazing beautiful.




A family I can't believe I'm part of. The love they show each other is endless. What they have is what every family strives for. And they do it effortlessly.



A couple who, in high school, never really even talked. Who's wedding was full of love and more laughs than I had ever seen. Definitely what its all about.



Babies, kids, and families who make my job more challenging.



Beautiful couples who entertain me with all their crazy stories.



Having a great friend finally find that one person that makes them happy.




The kid who loves the camera and could pose all day long.



Young love. We all need to enjoy it.


In the end, love really is all we need. Happy Holidays Everyone.





1 comment:

  1. OMG!!. This almost made me cry...which is huge... Very well written and the pictures are awesome, as always!!. Hang in there Kristy, and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete